I will be upstairs at this year’s SpeakEasy’s Annual Comic Book Show. It happens Thursday, November 4th.
I will be displaying finished comic book & webcomic art on my wallspace, plus have my portfolio of original art on hand.
Also, I’m going to do my best to cover the night for Pete DeCourcey’s comicbookdaily.com. It’ll be a good excuse to meet the other artists, none of whom I know. I have met Tyrone from Guerrilla Printing, though, as they print my Lynchpin dead tree comics.
Press release: Toronto is home to some of the best known comics artists in North America. We have an active and vibrant community putting out some of the highest quality comics to be found anywhere. The SpeakEasy Comics Show features an eclectic mix of Toronto’s talented comic book artists – from those who do newspaper strips and political cartoons, to underground comic and mainstream superhero comic books! The event promises to display an exciting cross-section of the comics community here in Toronto, as well as a glimpse into how good comics are made. As the old cliche goes, there really will be something for everyone.
Time & Space:
Thursday November 4th, 7-11pm
The Gladstone Hotel, 1214 Queen West
Second Floor Lobby
2010 Participating Artists:
1. Guerilla Printing – Printing for the People!
2. Chris Hatzopoulos & George Todorovski, The Bear Stories
3. Ian Daffern, Blowout Productions
4. Attila Adorjany
5. Lamin Illustration & Design
6. Gibson Quarter Illustration
7. Matthew Daley
8. Ad Astra, Toronto’s annual literary science fiction convention
9. Lubomir Arsov
10. Marvin Law
11. Benjamin Rivers
12. Sarah Ennals, Personal information
13. Christopher Yao – Yaoza Graphics Studios
14. Eshwin Dhir
15. Daniel Lafrance, ‘Starthrower in Haiti’.
16. Ken Turner
17. Lezley Davidson, Peeling Onions Press
18. Marvin S. Mariano
19. Shaun Bolden, Beanpie Promotions
20. Toronto Cartoonists Workshop
21. William Brian MacLean, RoosterTree
22. Dale Camus
Pay What You Can ($4.00 Donation Suggested)